Thursday, March 29, 2012


Was asked by the great magazine (previously paper but now online (like no other) Caliban, to make a comment for their “contributors’ advice” segment:


Recently started a blog (languageknows.blogspot.com) in which I'm talking about poetry, language as medium, other mysteries and frustrations of trying to find a place/ path whit this.  a poet I'd never met before, who I e-mailed  about how fine it was to meet him, wrote back that the feeling was mutual and "You take delivering your poems to a whole new level." more accurately is that my poems require me to deliver them that way. energy and physicality. the voice and body aren't just changing channels every phrase, they’re changing dimensions, by which I mean slightly alternative realities (as often dealt with in sci fi as well as 1Q84. For me its all about the energy, the imagination (as well as being tight/efficient/clean) This is a time and place needing massive imagination.


imagination—what can be made up, out of raw material, pink slime, dark matter, genetic code, what the eyes have no words for. whether imagining whole worlds like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars or just coming up with some phrase/image/chord no one had memory of. if no one remembers this being then someone made it up. “no one like me ever lived here before.”
maybe need to revise my definition a little coz then the past would just be imagination, no one who could remember is alive. as I’ve heard that no one lives past grandchildren. unless something of your life lives. like a form of radiation encouraging mutants

No comments:

Post a Comment