Tuesday, March 27, 2012


3/27   a bit of poetry immersion last Saturday at the Cascadia poetry festival (hearty huzzahs to paul nelson, the other organizers and sponsors for getting this off the ground with so much fine content and energy), I don’t get out much around other poets and been a long time since listening to even the slightest critical discussion on poets, schools, connections.
and among the scholars, teachers, politicians and writers who were also poets I felt a little outside as my paid work has nothing to do with poetry. so add to that the gregarious visions of my work (though I selected poems connected with the environment and related issues)

“a dogs voice from above like a recycled blimp
a cloud as big as a loaf of bread with thousands of aromas,
some from things that no longer exist, processes that were banned or forgotten”
(from Aloft)---
what do you think when you read or hear that. I am presenting what I imagine. one can maybe get into the voice and state of the speaker/perceiver, but how comfortable a place is it? is it just surrealism? a loaf of bread, the history of transformation
re-visioning, changing pieces, like a flip book that was out a while back with drawings of animals and each page split into three horizontally so you could mix up parts of three different beings, & their names divided up too
“the schoolyard across the street is the ocean tonight” as if I can be at a place that functions for me like an ocean wherever I am? or the schoolyard is different things at different times?
fold reality til something cracks through, something hidden in the weaving/ formation (from recycled parts) of it. hallucinating a world of more interesting possibilities. create and enjoy, be involved, make, listening, providing what you can provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment