Wednesday, March 14, 2012


3/14 (pi day)   the need to express, to let it out. how the outlets have expanded. one obvious example this blog. we have more ways to get our feelings/words/ideas/trivia out there, to specific people as well as to maybe no one but potentially anyone. I’m now carrying around (bound paper) journal #60, though am going through a lot slower than ever. (note here that I have terrible handwriting, and though my typing isnt much better, it is legible. so frustrating at times--since I often write the poem, catch that outburst, on paper—to have no idea what an occasional word is supposed to be)
open mikes. I don’t often go to them but those I do go to are full of folks who’ve been doing this awhile and are respectful of the vent, not so in extreme need.  the other night two of the 7 readers went long, one excruciatingly so. language does this. you write, you want others to hear it. open mike sculpture? I imagine musical open nights can have their excruciating moments as well. open mike comedy.
we live in isolated cubicles and have too few opportunities for human and humane interaction. for people being people.

No comments:

Post a Comment