Sunday, April 15, 2012


4/15  I vibe up on people I see, whether driving, walking or at work, their costumes, the roles we play in the hive we live in, the succession of roles never directly linear. after a day at work when it seemed as I had taken in a lot of empathic vibes/observations/understandings (not in an explainable sense—seeing the more multi-dimensional (need a better word for that, ‘bigger’ isn’t right)) I wrote a poem along those lines. here’s the first stanza

I see you on the street:  waiting, walking, carrying,
wheelchair, bicycle, shopping cart,
long coat in august, short sleeves in december
the style your wear, posture, angle of head, glaze of eyes
furtive, challenging, yearning to be elsewhere, invisible

yesterday in Eugene and especially today driving across town, seeing peoples costumes, intentions, movements, at the gym as well where I had a sense (a feeling, a non-visual vision) of the my belly being a hemisphere all white with releasing. sending forth all the people and lives of the world out into the present. I spread my arms wide so my belly had more access to open space

bodhisattvic tendencies/allusions. to claim is to not understand. my investment in and identification with poetry is challenging to this attitude, my judgmental side is perking.
poetry serves many purposes. some people like looking at photographs of real places. some people like abstract paintings. to keep my heart and other receptors open, to keep the energy into and from the language, what I didn’t know I knew, all this intelligence gathered and in warm dark places the data spontaneously manifests/escapes/seeds a broad swath.

No comments:

Post a Comment